Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
 
Winchester.jpg

Winchester Repeating Arms Company
www.winchesterguns.com

      The Winchester Repeating Arms Company was a prominent American maker of repeating firearms, located in New Haven, Connecticut. The Winchester brand is today owned by the Olin Corporation and the name is used under license by two subsidiaries of the Herstal Group: Fabrique Nationale (FN) of Belgium and the Browning Arms Company of Ogden, Utah, United States.

The Winchester rifle
     In 1866, Benjamin Henry angered over what he believed was inadequate compensation, attempted to have the Connecticut legislature award ownership of New Haven Arms to him. Oliver Winchester, hastening back from Europe, forestalled the move and reorganized New Haven Arms yet again as the Winchester Repeating Arms Company. Winchester had the basic design of the Henry rifle completely modified and improved to become the first Winchester rifle, the Model 1866, which fired the same .44 caliber rimfire cartridges as the Henry but had an improved magazine (with the addition of a loading gate on the right side of the receiver, invented by Winchester employee Nelson King) and, for the first time, a wooden forend. The Henry and the 1866 Winchester shared a unique double firing pin that struck the head of the rimfire cartridge in two places when the weapon was fired, increasing the chances that the fulminate in the hollow rim would ignite the 28 or so grains of black powder inside the case.

      Another extremely popular model was rolled out in 1873. The Model 1873 introduced the first Winchester center fire cartridge, the .44-40 WCF (Winchester Center Fire). These rifle families are commonly known as the "Gun That Won the West."

      The Model 1873 was followed by the Model 1876 (or "Centennial Model"), a larger version of the '73, which used the same toggle-link action and brass cartridge elevator used in the Henry. It was chambered for longer, more powerful cartridges such as .45-60 WCF, .45-75 WCF, and .50-95 WCF. The action was not long enough to allow Winchester to achieve their goal of producing a repeating rifle capable of handling the .45-70 Government cartridge; this would not happen until they began manufacture of the Browning-designed Model 1886.

Oliver Winchester died in December 1880; his son and successor, William Wirt Winchester, died of tuberculosis four months later. William Wirt Winchester's widow, Sarah Winchester, used her inheritance and income from the company to build what is now known as the Winchester Mystery House.

      From 1883, John Browning worked in partnership with the Winchester Repeating Arms Company and designed a series of rifles and shotguns, most notably the Winchester Model 1885 Single Shot, Winchester Model 1887 lever-action shotgun, Model 1897 pump-action shotgun; and the lever-action Model 1886, Model 1892, Model 1894 and Model 1895 rifles. Several of these are still in production today through companies such as Browning, Rossi, Navy Arms and others which have revived several of the discontinued models or produced reproductions.

20th-century developments
The turn of the twentieth century

      The early years of the twentieth century found the Winchester Repeating Arms Company competing with new John Browning designs, manufactured under license by other firearm companies. The race to produce the first commercial self-loading rifle brought forth the .22 rimfire Winchester Model 1903 and later centerfire Model 1905, Model 1907, and Model 1910 rifles. Winchester engineers, after ten years of work, designed the Model 1911 to circumvent Browning's self-loading shotgun patents, prepared by the company's very own patent lawyers. One of Winchester's premier engineers, T.C. Johnson, was instrumental in the development of these self-loading firearms and went on to superintend the designs of Winchester's classic Model 1912, Model 52 and Model 54.

The First World War
      The company was a major producer of the .303 Pattern 1914 Enfield rifle for the British Government and the similar .30-06 M1917 Enfield rifle for the United States during World War I. Working at the Winchester plant during the war, Browning developed the final design of the Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR), of which it produced some 27,000. Browning and the Winchester engineers also developed the Browning .50 caliber machine gun during the war. The caliber .50 BMG (12.7 x 99 mm) ammunition for it was designed by the Winchester ballistic engineers. The commercial rights to these new Browning guns were owned by Colt.

Failure and recovery
      During the war, Winchester had borrowed heavily to finance its massive expansion. With the return of peace, the company attempted to use its surplus production capacity and pay down its debt by trying to become a general manufacturer of consumer goods: everything from kitchen knives to roller skates to refrigerators, to be marketed through "Winchester Stores." They merged with the Simmons Hardware Company. The Winchester and Keen Kutter brands did business together during the 1920s but in 1929, they agreed to separate and returned to their core business. The strategy was a failure for Winchester and the Great Depression put the final nail in the company's coffin. Winchester Repeating Arms Company went into receivership in 1931 and was bought at a bankruptcy auction by the Olin family's Western Cartridge Company on December 22 of that year. Oliver Winchester's firm would maintain a nominal existence until 1935 when Western Cartridge merged with its subsidiary to form Winchester-Western Company; in 1944, the firearms and ammunition operations would be reorganized as the Winchester-Western Division of Olin Industries.

      Western's First Vice-President John M. Olin was a sportsman and gun enthusiast and he started at once to restore the Winchester brand to its former luster by concentrating on its classic models and updated versions thereof, with particular attention to quality and prestige. Olin personally pushed the deluxe Model 52 Sporter and the semi-custom Model 21 double-barreled shotgun. Winchester flourished, even during the later Depression.

The Second World War
      The U.S. M1 carbine (technically not a carbine in the sense of a short version of a parent rifle) was designed at Winchester by an eight-man team including Edwin Pugsley, Bill Roemer, Marsh Williams, Fred Humiston, Cliff Warner, and Ralph Clarkson, although the popular press played up the role of ex-convict Williams. More M1 carbines were manufactured by Winchester and other firms than any other U.S. small arm of World War II.

During World War II, Winchester produced the M1 Garand rifle and post-war was the first civilian manufacturer of the M14 rifle.

Decline
      By the 1960s, the rising cost of skilled labor was making it increasingly unprofitable to produce Winchester's classic designs, as they required considerable hand-work to finish. In particular, Winchester's flagship Model 12 pump shotgun and Model 70 bolt-action rifle with their machined forgings could no longer compete in price with Remington's cast-and-stamped 870 and 700. Accordingly, S. K. Janson formed a new Winchester design group to advance the use of "modern" engineering design methods and manufacturing principles in gun design. The result was a new line of guns that replaced most of the older products in 1963–1964. The immediate reaction of the shooting press and public was overwhelmingly negative: the popular verdict was that Winchester had sacrificed quality to the "cheapness experts," and Winchester was no longer considered to be a prestige brand, causing a marked loss of market share. To this day, gun collectors consider "post-64" Winchesters to be both less desirable and less valuable than their predecessors.

      In the early 1970s, the Olin Winchester-Western Division tried to diversify with at least two unsuccessful attempts. The first was an experimental indoor shooting range called Wingo in San Diego, California. This short-lived attempt had a strong tie to firearms and ammunition with exclusive guns, ammo and target launching machines being produced. The flaw was to see it quickly profitable in a western city with too many competing outdoor activities. The second venture was trying to compete with Coleman Company in the camping and sporting goods market. "Trailblazer by Winchester" products included propane-fueled stoves and lanterns. They also produced tents and sleeping bags. These products struggled to compete with similar offerings from an established company founded in 1900.

      Labor costs continued to rise through the 1960s and '70s, and a prolonged and bitter strike in 1979–1980 ultimately convinced Olin that firearms could no longer be produced profitably in New Haven. In December 1980, the New Haven plant was sold to its employees, incorporated as the U.S. Repeating Arms Company, and granted a license to make Winchester arms. Olin retained the Winchester ammunition business. U.S. Repeating Arms itself went bankrupt in 1989. After bankruptcy, it was acquired by a French holding company, then sold to Belgian arms makers Herstal Group, which also owns gun makers Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal (FN) and Browning Arms Company.

      On January 16, 2006, U.S. Repeating Arms announced it was closing its New Haven plant where Winchester rifles and shotguns had been produced for 140 years. Along with the closing of the plant, production of the Model 94 rifle (the descendant of the original Winchester rifle), Model 70 rifle, and Model 1300 shotgun were discontinued. The official press release sent out by U.S. Repeating Arms concerning the closure was released on January 17, 2006. The text is included below:

      U.S. Repeating Arms Company To Close New Haven, CT Facility – U.S. Repeating Arms Company, maker of Winchester brand rifles and shotguns will close its New Haven, Connecticut manufacturing facility. Many efforts were made to improve profitability at the manufacturing facility in New Haven, and the decision was made after exhausting all available options.

      Effective March 31, 2006, the New Haven manufacturing facility will stop manufacturing the Winchester Model 70, Model 94, and Model 1300.

      Winchester Firearms will continue to sell and grow its current line of Select Over & Under shotguns, the new Super X3 autoloading shotgun, the new Super X autoloading rifle and Limited Edition rifles. The company also plans to introduce new models in the future. There will be no change in Customer Service.

      This action is a realignment of resources to make Winchester Firearms a stronger, more viable organization. Winchester Firearms plans to continue the great Winchester legacy and is very excited about the future.

Recovery
      On August 15, 2006, Olin Corporation, owner of the Winchester trademarks, announced that it had entered into a new license agreement with Browning to make Winchester brand rifles and shotguns, though not at the closed Winchester plant in New Haven. The production of Model 1885 falling block action, Model 1892, and Model 1886 lever-action rifles are produced under licensed agreement by Miroku Corp. of Japan and imported to the United States by Browning.

      In 2008, Fabrique Nationale announced that it would produce Model 70 rifles at its plant in Columbia, South Carolina. In 2013, assembly was moved to Portugal.

      In the summer of 2010, Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal (FN) resumed production of the Winchester model 1894 and the evolution of the Winchester 1300, now called the Winchester SXP.

      A number of gun cleaning kits, Chinese folding knives, tools, and other accessories are also now sold under the Winchester trademark.

Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.

Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.

Browning.png

Browning Arms Company
www.browning.com

 

      Browning Arms Company (originally John Moses and Matthew Sandefur Browning Company) is an American marketer of firearms and fishing gear. The company was founded in Ogden, Utah, in 1878 by brothers John Moses Browning (1855–1926) and Matthew Sandefur Browning (1859–1923). The company offers a wide variety of firearms including shotguns, rifles, and pistols. Other products include fishing rods and reels, gun safes, sport bows, knives, and bicycles.

      Initially, the company was founded to market the sporting (non-military) designs of John Browning, one of the world's most important and prolific firearms inventors. Nearly all of John Browning's innovative designs have been manufactured under license by other companies, including Winchester, Colt, Remington, FN Herstal, and Miroku. Browning is currently a fully owned subsidiary of FN Herstal.

      Browning Arms Company is best known for the A-Bolt and X-Bolt bolt-action rifles, the BAR semi-automatic rifle, the BPR pump-action rifle, the BPS pump-action shotgun, the Auto-5 semi-automatic shotgun, and the Hi-Power pistol. Browning also manufactures a set of trap shotguns such as the 725 Pro Trap, Citori CX series, and the Cynergy series.

Footwear
      Browning introduced a line of hunting boots in 1968 and continued to design and manufacture footwear through outside vendors until 2001. In that year, a license agreement was reached with Connecticut-based H.H. Brown Shoe Company, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, to manufacture Browning Footwear.

      The product line included the John M. Browning collection, Field and Game series, and sporting and waterfowl lines. The line has grown to include kangaroo leather boots, rubber boots and waders, and upland game boots.

Knives
      In 1968, Browning introduced a line of cutlery in the form of three fixed-blade hunting knives and a folding knife designed by custom knifemaker Gil Hibben. Over the years the lineup has grown and Browning has teamed up with other knifemakers such as Jerry Fisk, Bailey Bradshaw, John Fitch, Joseph Keeslar, and James Crowell of the American Bladesmith Society. In 2004 Browning partnered with several custom knifemakers to produce a series of "Living History Knives" honoring famous American generals and battles. The lineup included a Liberty Tree Knife made by Larry Harley; a Robert E. Lee Knife and an Alamo Knife honoring Jim Bowie designed by Jerry Fisk; an Ike Knife honoring Dwight David Eisenhower designed by Jim Crowell; and a Crazy Horse Knife by Brent Evans. Browning has recently partnered with big-game hunter, Russ Kommer as their knife designer.

In popular culture
      Browning was the make of pistol originally depicted in the Nazi propaganda play Schlageter, from which the quote "when I hear the word culture, I reach for my gun", often associated with Nazi leaders, originates. The actual line from the play is slightly different: "Wenn ich Kultur höre ... entsichere ich meinen Browning!" "Whenever I hear of culture... I unlock my Browning!" (Act 1, Scene 1).

      Browning is the sponsor of the hunting show Goin' Country hosted by Kristy Lee Cook which used to air on the Versus channel before it became the NBC Sports Network. The relationship between Cook and Browning started after she was shown on American Idol wearing a Browning hat.

      A Browning shotgun appears in the Turnpike Troubadours songs "The Housefire" and "The Bird Hunters". The latter specifies that the gun was manufactured in Belgium.

Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.

Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.

Folds of Honor.jpg

Folds of Honor
      Colt is proud to support our Veteran Charity Partner, Folds of Honor. Folds of Honor provides annual educational scholarships to the military families of those who have been killed or disabled while in active duty. Since its founding in 2007, the organization is proud to have awarded over 7,500 scholarships, including over 2,000 in 2014 alone. Starting June 15, 2015, Colt donates a portion of proceeds from the commercial pistol and rifle sales to Folds of Honor. Stand with us as we support those who have shown us that freedom isn’t free. Find out more at Folds of Honor. Be inspired by the Folds of Honor Mission Video.

Show your support. Donate to Folds of Honor.

Colt.png

Colt's Manufacturing Company, LLC

www.colt.com
 

THE COLT STORY

1836
Samuel Colt is issued the US Patent for the first Colt firearm and builds his first factory.
1847
Samuel H. Walker of the US Army collaborates with Colt to develop a more powerful revolver, known as the Walker.

1867
Colt introduces its first Gatling Gun shortly after the factory is rebuilt.

1873
The Single Action Army revolver is introduced and secures a US Government contract.
The Colt Single Actions Army revolver is undoubtedly the most famous handgun in firearm history. Today the tradition continues as the Single Action Army is made the same way in the hands of Colt's accomplished technicians and machinists.
1911
The Colt Model 1911 is officially adopted by the US Government as its standard firearm.
Colt's manufacturing process relies on the precision of both modern technology and professional craftsmanship to produce the quality our customers have come to expect.
Colt introduces a series of firearms that incorporate a lightweight alloy frame, including the Cobra revolver and the Commander automatic pistol.
Colt has been delivering the world's finest, innovative firearms to Law Enforcement throughout history, including delivering a large number of revolvers to Teddy Roosevelt while he was NYPD Commissioner.
1963
Colt receives its first government contract for the M16 rifle, an improved version of the AR-15 design.
1976
Colt introduces the colt Custom Gun Shop.
From the beginning, embellishments from talented artists have been a hallmark of Colt firearms. Today the tradition continues with the master engravers in the Colt Custom Shop.
2006
Samuel Colt is inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame.

Colt has been providing quality firearms for the US military throughout history and continues to do so today.

Copyright 2021 by Colt's Manufacturing Company, LLC

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Colt's Manufacturing Company

      Colt's Manufacturing Company, LLC (CMC, formerly Colt's Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company) is an American firearms manufacturer, founded in 1855 by Samuel Colt, and is now a subsidiary of Czech holding company Česká zbrojovka Group. It is the successor corporation to Colt's earlier firearms-making efforts, which started in 1836. Colt is known for the engineering, production, and marketing of firearms, most especially between the 1850s and World War I, when it was a dominating force in its industry and a seminal influence on manufacturing technology. Colt's earliest designs played a major role in the popularization of the revolver and the shift away from earlier single-shot pistols. Although Samuel Colt did not invent the revolver concept, his designs resulted in the first very successful ones.

      The most famous Colt products include the Colt Walker, made in 1847 in the facilities of Eli Whitney Jr., the Colt Single Action Army or Peacemaker, the Colt Python, and the Colt M1911 pistol, which is currently the longest-standing military and law enforcement service handgun in the world and is still used today. Though they did not develop it, for a long time Colt was also primarily responsible for all AR-15 and M16 rifle production, as well as many derivatives of those firearms. The most successful and famous of these are numerous M16 carbines, including the Colt Commando family, and the M4 carbine.

      In 2002, Colt Defense was split off from Colt's Manufacturing Company. Colt's Manufacturing Company served the civilian market, while Colt Defense served the law enforcement, military, and private security markets worldwide. The two companies remained in the same West Hartford, Connecticut location cross-licensing certain merchandise before reuniting in 2013. Following the loss of its M4 contract in 2013, the reunited Colt was briefly in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, starting in 2015 and emerging in January 2016. The company was bought by Česká zbrojovka Group in 2021.

Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization. 

 

Glock.png

Glock

www.us.glock.com

 

GLOCK History

How it all started

Gaston Glock, an Austrian engineer, successful businessman, and manufacturer of injection molding parts and components, founded GLOCK Ges.m.b.H in 1963.

In the 1970s, the development and production start-up of the first military products began to take place with the development of a line of knives, grenade casings, and machine-gun belt links.

In the early 1980s, the semi-automatic GLOCK service pistol was born in response to meeting the needs of the Austrian military. Its polymer frame and the developed SAFE ACTION® System revolutionized the pistol market

First of its kind

Mr. Glock was building the pistol for the Austrian military and law enforcement, which meant it had to be ready to fire at a moment’s notice in life-threatening situations. To address this critical need, Mr. Glock designed his pistol with three internal safeties – the trigger, firing pin and drop safeties – to ensure that the pistol would perform consistently while providing the best protection against accidental discharge.

Mr. Glock met additional requirements of the Austrian government by including a high-capacity magazine, lightweight materials, consistent trigger pull, and a hammer-forged barrel. Mr. Glock understood that reliability resides in simplicity, and therefore, he designed his pistol with as few parts as possible, minimizing its complexity. Today, the GLOCK pistol is made from an average of only 35 parts, which is significantly fewer than any other pistol on the market and makes it more durable, reliable, and easier to maintain.

Tested and trusted by the best

Mr. Glock's innovative design successfully passed a series of stringent tests against domestic and international competitors. In 1983, the GLOCK pistol was accepted by the Austrian Army as their new service pistol.

Shortly after in 1984, the GLOCK 17 soundly passed the NATO durability test. As a result, the pistol was selected by the Norwegian Army as their standard sidearm, putting GLOCK on the road to becoming the preferred international law enforcement sidearm.

In November 1986, the company opened its U.S. headquarters, GLOCK, Inc., in Smyrna, Georgia.

The GLOCK pistol would soon be available in multiple sizes and accept different caliber ammunition. This combination, partnered with the simplicity and reliability of Mr. Glock's design, revolutionized the pistol market.

Over 65% of federal, state and local agencies in the United States have been issued GLOCK pistols.

Proudly Celebrating 30 Years in the United States

30 years of Perfection, a simple evolution of time introduced to the U.S. market in the 1980s, GLOCK is proud to continue its journey and celebrate 30 years of quality, commitment, design, and innovation in the U.S.

1963

PERFECTION STARTS

Foundation of Glock KG by Gaston Glock. The company's history started in Deutsch Wagram, Austria. At the beginning consumer goods made out of wood, polymers and metal were produced by only 3 employees.

1970-1979

FIRST MILITARY PRODUCTS

Development and production start-up of first military products, such as field knives (FM 78), components for fragmentation and training grenades, and machine-gun belt links.

1980-1982

BIRTH OF THE GLOCK PISTOL

In the early 80ies, the semi-automatic GLOCK service pistol was born. Its polymer frame and the developed Safe Action® System revolutionized the pistol market.

1983

ENTRENCHING TOOL

Development of the innovative entrenching tool with a surface-treated blade that can be locked in three positions for multiple uses. The hardened saw located inside the handle can be quickly mounted if required.

GLOCK GOES US

In the mid 80ies, GLOCK Pistols were introduced to the U.S. Market. Their innovation, durability and reliability immediately captured the attention of both the U.S. law enforcement and commercial markets.

1987

GLOCK IS GROWING

Inauguration of the second GLOCK plant in Ferlach - Austria. Specific production emphasis to serve the best quality.

1988

A NEW GENERATION IS INTRODUCED

The 2nd generation (terminology used by the market) came with some design changes to the frame. In order to serve different customer requirements, more calibers were added.

GLOCK FOR TRAINING

The GLOCK 17T was designed by engineers to allow law enforcement the opportunity to train force-on-force without dangerous consequences. Over the years GLOCK expanded the product range for smart and safe training and instruction equipment.

RAIL FOR THE NEXT GENERATION

The 3rd Gen pistols (terminology used by the market) got an accessory rail - called the "Universal Glock rail" - to allow the mounting of lasers, tactical lights, and other accessories. Finger grooves and thumb rests were added to deliver better grip.

BIRTH OF GLOCK 36

With the new slim design, the G36 delivers grip ergonomics of the next dimension. A package with six rounds of 45 Auto that fits into the hands of any user. Since 2013 the G36 frame has also featured the GLOCK accessory rail.

2000

NEW HEADQUARTER

Completion of construction work for the Millenium factory in Deutsch-Wagram. More space to serve the ongoing demand for GLOCK products.

TACTICAL LIGHTS BY GLOCK

Production start of the new GLOCK Tactical Lights. This resulted in a whole series of red-dot-laser, IR-Laser-Solutions in addition to the standard flashlight.

2009

START OF GEN 4

The GLOCK Gen4 models deliver more individuality with multiple backstraps which can be mounted onto the frame and a reversible magazine catch. The Gen4 frame keeps the proven thumb rests, finger grooves, and accessory rail of the previous generations but features a new frame texturing.

GLOCK SLIMLINE PISTOLS

Production start of the GLOCK slimline pistols G42 in caliber 380 Auto and the G43 in caliber 9 mm Luger, the smallest GLOCK pistols so far.

GLOCK GOES EAST

A new subsidiary was founded in Slovakia.

EASY MOUNTING OF OPTICS

Production start of the GLOCK Gen4 pistols in MOS Configuration. The developed MOS System simplifies the mounting of popular optical sights without costly custom machining of the pistol's slide.

START OF THE NEXT GENERATION: GEN 5

Generation 5 combines the technology of the future with improved precision, versatility, speed, and familiar reliability. Starting with the models G17 Gen5 and G19 Gen5.

G19X JOINED FORCES

The first-ever "Crossover" pistol was introduced. The GLOCK 19X combines the best features of two of its most popular and most trusted field-tested platforms.

GEN5 FAMILY EXPANDS

With the G26 Gen5, the first concealed carry pistol joins the Gen5 family. The evolution of perfection continues for GLOCK's trusted backup option.

MOS - FIRST MODULAR OPTIC SYSTEM MODEL FOR GEN5

The G34 Gen5 MOS was released. Simple mounting of popular optical sights for Gen5 family-member number four.

GLOCK FM78 ANNIVERSARY

GLOCK celebrates the 40th anniversary of the FM78 with a limited edition of 780 field knives. It comes in a silver polymer case with an engraved foam inside and a certificate that confirms the authenticity.

G45 COMPACT CROSSOVER

The G45 is the latest outstanding addition to the family of GLOCK pistols in 9 mm Luger. Utilizing the design and engineering GLOCK developed for its military pistols (G19X), combined with Operator and worldwide Law Enforcement specifications.

2018

GEN5 MOS - FAMILY IS GROWING

With the G17 Gen5 MOS and the G19 Gen5 MOS, the already perfect Gen5 models G17 and G19 additionally provide a mounting system for popular optical sights.

SILVER SLIDE: SLIM IS BEAUTIFUL

With the new silver slide pistols, G43X and G48 GLOCK expands its Slimline collection with two new products. Designed for concealed carry and fits every hand size.

G45 GETS MOS SLIDE

The impressive G45 Crossover pistol is now available with a Modular Optic System (MOS) and enriches the GLOCK MOS pistol spectrum. With the added mounting system for optical sights, it becomes the ideal partner for all kinds of situations.

ALL-BLACK G43X AND G48 WITH RAIL

Two new models join the GLOCK Slimline family. Chambered in 9 mm Luger, both pistols feature a compact Slimline frame with a slim mounting rail and a black slide with nDLC finish as well as a 10-round magazine capacity making them ideal for concealed carry.

G44 IN CALIBER 22 l.r.

Introduction of the first caliber 22 l.r. GLOCK pistol. The G44 features a polymer and steel hybrid slide, typical Gen5 features and the proven Safe Action® System. The perfect pistol for beginners as well as experienced shooters. 

OPTIC READY SLIMLINE

GLOCK introduces the first optic-ready slimline pistol models. The G43X MOS and G48 MOS have slide cuts for specific micro-optics and feature a slim design with rail and a built-in beavertail. Reliable GLOCK style for concealed carry.  

THE GEN5 FAMILY GROWS

By applying the Gen5 technology to the caliber 40 S&W GLOCK expands its pistol range with five pistol models available in standard and MOS configuration.

It's easy.

©2020 GLOCK, Inc. All rights reserved.

Mossberg.png

Mossberg

www.mossberg.com

 

About Mossberg

Since 1919, Mossberg® has been the leader in introducing important design breakthroughs to the firearm industry. Many product features pioneered by Mossberg® are now the standards by which all modern firearms are judged. Never content with the status quo, our men and women constantly strive to improve and update the capabilities of all Mossberg® products. In accomplishing this goal, we recognize that each improvement is a part of the “Shooting System” approach and most are designed to fit the shotgun you bought years ago.

 

Our design and innovative edge is truly changing the way shooters use shotguns and rifles. We are particularly proud that our Mossberg® pump shotguns are the only shotguns purchased by the United States government that meet or exceed Mil-S-3443 specifications. It is this basis of unquestionable quality that drives Mossberg® to bring reliable, well-built shooting systems to you at an affordable price.

 

Shooting sports have been an American tradition for generations. Today, thousands of sportsmen and sportswomen focus their energy on the betterment of shooting sports by participating in national and local organizations. We sincerely appreciate these efforts, and we salute all future members for continuing our proud heritage.

 

© Copyright 2021

O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

 

O.F. Mossberg & Sons

 

O.F. Mossberg & Sons (commonly known as Mossberg) is an American firearms manufacturer, specializing in shotguns, rifles, scopes, and pistol accessories.

 

Origins

      Oscar Frederick Mossberg (1866–1937) was born on 1 September 1866, in Sweden, near the village of Svanskog in Värmland, and emigrated to the United States in 1886. Mossberg went to work at the Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. While at Iver Johnson, Mossberg supervised the manufacture of revolvers and shotguns, while contributing some of his own patented designs, including a top strap latching mechanism for the Iver Johnson safety revolver. When Mossberg left Iver Johnson, he went on to manage the small factory of the C.S. Shattuck Arms Co. in nearby Hatfield, Massachusetts, which manufactured single- and double-barrel breechloading shotguns. From there he went to work for J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co., where he designed a small four-shot novelty pistol which he patented in his name. Working out of an old barn behind his house, Mossberg and his sons made about 500 of these four-shot pistols between 1907 and 1909. In 1914, Mossberg left Stevens, moving to New Haven, Connecticut, in order to work for Marlin-Rockwell. In 1919, when Marlin-Rockwell went out of business (they primarily made machineguns, and World War I had just ended), the unemployed 53-year-old O.F. Mossberg and his two sons, Iver and Harold, started a new firearms company of their own, O.F. Mossberg & Sons. Renting a small loft on State Street in New Haven, the Mossbergs began work on a simple four-shot .22-caliber pocket pistol, the Brownie. Marketed largely to hunters and trappers for the humane killing of wounded or trapped animals, approximately 37,000 Brownie pistols were produced from 1920 to 1932.

Connecticut production

      Thanks to the Brownie pistol, the Mossbergs' firearms business grew steadily, and in 1921 the company purchased a building on Greene Street in New Haven, Connecticut. In 1922, the company introduced the first of a new line of .22 rimfire Mossberg rifles, a pump-action repeater designed by Arthur E. Savage, the son of the owner of Savage Arms Corp.

      After building a third factory in New Haven in 1937, Mossberg continued to produce simple, economical firearms for the civilian market. O.F. Mossberg died in 1937, and the business continued under his son Harold.

      During World War II, the company made parts for Browning M2 .50-caliber heavy machine gun and for the Enfield No. 4 rifle under contract, as well as the U.S. Model 42 and Model 44 .22 caliber bolt-action rifle, which was used for preliminary small arms training for the Army and Navy.

      In 1960, the company shifted production to a new facility in North Haven a few miles away. At one time, the plant employed hundreds of skilled workers, many of whom had previously worked at other well-known firearms manufacturers such as Colt's Manufacturing Company, Marlin Firearms, Smith & Wesson, and Winchester. O.F. Mossberg & Sons remains a family-owned business to this day, and is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America.

      Today, while the corporate headquarters are still in North Haven, the company has moved nearly all firearms production to its Eagle Pass, Texas.

 

Maverick Arms

      In 1989, faced with increased foreign competition and rising labor and production costs, Mossberg's corporate affiliate Maverick Arms opened a 40,000-square-foot (3,700 m2) manufacturing plant in the Eagle Pass Industrial Park in the state of Texas. The Eagle Pass production facility was greatly enlarged in 2013 to help production and warehousing keep up with demand. With the addition of 116,000 square feet (10,800 m2) of factory space, Mossberg also expanded its Texas workforce to 450 employees. Today, over 90% of all O.F. Mossberg & Sons shotguns and rifles are produced at the Eagle Pass facility.

 

Production history

 

Mossberg .22 caliber post-war rifles

 

      Following the success of the Brownie .22 pistol, Mossberg developed a line of inexpensive .22 caliber rifles, shotguns, and rifle scopes.

      From the 1940s through the 1960s, Mossberg produced a HI line of .22 caliber target and sporting rifles.

      After the end of World War II, Mossberg concentrated on producing sporting long guns for entry-level sportsman, particularly shotguns. Most of these were bolt-action or pump-action designs. In August 1961, Mossberg introduced the 500 Series pump-action shotgun, which eventually became one of the most-produced sporting firearms in the world, with over ten million shotguns sold. Designed by Carl Benson, Mossberg's lead design engineer, the 500 was originally intended for use by the entry-level hunter and sportsman but has since become popular for home defense use as well. Using a forged aluminum receiver and steel bolt that locks into a steel extension of the barrel to save weight, the gun was designed with a minimum of parts that could be produced easily with a minimum of machining required and which could be installed without hand-fitting. Variants of the basic Mossberg 500 shotgun have been adopted for use by the U.S. military as well as law enforcement.

      Mossberg offers bolt-action, lever-action, and auto-loading rifles as well as pump-action, auto-loading, and over/under shotguns. Manufacturing is done both in Turkey and in the US from parts made in both America and Mexico.

      In January 2019, the company introduced the MC1sc, a subcompact semi-automatic pistol chambered in 9×19mm Parabellum, Mossberg's first handgun offering since the Brownie was introduced 100 years prior.

 

Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.

Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.

Remington.PNG

Remington

www.remington.com

ABOUT US

 

A New Era

      From muskets to modern-day, generations of hunters and shooters have trusted legendary Remington ammunition. Loaded in Lonoke, Arkansas by American workers, our wide array of pioneering sporting and hunting ammunition promises to get the job done every time the trigger is pulled. At Remington Ammunition, we’re here for everyone who loads a round of ammo into a handgun, rifle, or shotgun.

      We’ve been here since 1816. Together, Remington and America have fought and won wars, put food on millions of tables, and brought countless generations together at the range and in the field. We are proud of each and every round that rolls off our factory line. Bringing a renewed focus to ammunition, innovation, and quality, we are reinvigorating our company so you can continue to trust our brand and our products – all while staying true to Remington’s legendary heritage and stature as an American icon.

 

Welcome to a New Era of Remington.

 

ABOUT US -THIS IS REMINGTON COUNTRY

For more than 200 years, Remington firearms have been forged from the untamed spirit that will always define our nation. The proud tradition that began with Eliphalet Remington’s first hand-built rifle in 1816, continues to this day. Remington's innovation is always ahead of its time, as evidenced by our rich history and the long line of legendary firearms. The Model 700 and Model 870 have claimed their rightful places among the best-selling firearms of all time. Today, the Versa Max is quickly becoming the go-to firearm of choice for hardcore waterfowlers and the most demanding 3-gun competitors—an American icon on the rise. And Remington handguns like the Model 1911 R1 and the R51 are reinventing shoot-ability and redefining performance. At our state-of-the-art R&D facility – the Rock – we're shattering convention and setting the performance standard all others must follow. As new generations inherit the American sporting heritage, we continue to expand, – building new plants and acquiring new companies to meet the challenge of increased demand. Revolutionizing an industry. Building a nation. Remington Country is, was, and always will be bigger than any one place—boundless as the American spirit.

1816 - ELIPHALET REMINGTON II - Eliphalet Remington II handcrafted his first rifle barrel at his father’s forge, and carried it to Utica to have a local gunsmith fabricate it into a flintlock rifle. Eliphalet established a rifle-making business and forged thousands which he sold to gunsmiths throughout America.

1828 - MOVE TO THE ERIE CANAL - Eliphalet Remington II moved his barrel-making operation from the forge site down to 200 acres alongside the new Erie Canal. This is the location of the present Remington factory in Ilion, New York.

1845 - FIRST FIREARMS CONTRACT - 

Eliphalet negotiated his first firearms contract to manufacture 5,000 Model 1841 “Mississippi” rifles for the U.S. Army Ordnance Department. And a few months later received a contract to manufacture 1,000 Jenks breech carbines for the government. These were the first complete guns made by the company.

1848 - FIRST ARMORY - The first armory buildings were built for Eliphalet Remington adjoining the Erie Canal to manufacture the rifles and carbines for the government.

1856 - E. REMINGTON & SONS - The company becomes E. Remington & Sons when all three of his sons joined him in the arms-making business. Concurrently Remington introduced its first revolver based on a Fordyce Beals patent.

1861 - CIVIL WAR BEGINS - On April 12, 1861, the War Between the States began, and Remington’s Armory went all out to supply pistols, carbines, rifles, and muskets for the Federal Army and Navy. Eliphalet Remington, the founder, died in July 1861, leaving control to his sons: Philo, Samuel, and Eliphalet III.

1865 - CIVIL WAR ENDS - The Civil War officially ended in April 1865, and Remington’s vast Armory began making a great variety of firearms for civilian hunters, for settlers moving west, and for the emerging target shooting sportsmen.

1866 - UMC IS ESTABLISHED - New York City arms merchants Schuyler, Hartley & Graham established a factory in Bridgeport, Connecticut to manufacture metallic ammunition — The Union Metallic Cartridge Company. The works soon grew to be the largest ammunition plant in the United States.

1871 - REMINGTON AMMUNITION WORKS ESTABLISHED - The Remington Ammunition Works was established to produce metallic, centerfire ammunition for pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

1873 - FIRST REMINGTON TYPEWRITER - E. Remington & Sons manufactured the world’s first effective typewriter, the invention of Christopher Sholes and Carlos Glidden. Remington manufactured these innovative machines in Ilion, New York.

1906 - FIRST AMERICAN AUTOLOADER

Remington produced the first American auto shotgun, a John Browning design — later called the Model 11. Over the next 42 years Remington sold over 850,000 of these innovative shotguns.

1906 - MODEL 8 AUTO RIFLE - Remington introduced its first high-power, auto rifle — later called the Model 8. Over the next 30 years Remington produced more than 69,000 of these powerful hunting rifles.

1911 - MODEL 10 - Remington introduced the company’s first pump-action shotgun — later called the Model 10 — a John Pedersen design

1914 - INDUSTRY FOR WAR - On June 28, 1914, the Crown Prince of Austria was assassinated, which led to the start of what would be called “The War to End All Wars.” While America was neutral, its industries began tooling up to provide the Allies with wartime products. Remington constructed four massive plants, each one-million square feet — Ilion, New York (firearms); Eddystone, Pennsylvania (firearms); Bridgeport, Connecticut (firearms) and another in Bridgeport (ammunition).

1917 - WORLD WAR I - On May 26, 1917, the United States declared war on Germany, officially entering into the First World War. For the Allies Remington produced military rifles, auto pistols, signal guns and machine guns, as well as carloads of ammunition. By war’s end Remington had provided half the small arms ammunition utilized by all the Allies during the entire conflict.

1918 - MODEL 51 AUTO PISTOL - Remington introduced the company’s first auto pistol — the Model 51 — Remington’s first new handgun in 28 years

1921 - REMINGTON CUTLERY - Remington entered the cutlery business after forming the Remington Cutlery Works, Inc. two years earlier. The new Bridgeport venture produced pocket and sheath knives, kitchen and table knives and scissors in volume. By 1926 the company was selling about 2,500,000 knives per annum — the greatest production from any knife company in the world.

1922 - FIRST GAME LOADS - Remington introduced the concept of “Game Load” shotshells replacing load varieties, revolutionizing the shotshell industry.

1927 - KLEANBORE PRIMERS - Remington introduced “Kleanbore” primers into all of its ammunition products, a proprietary primer development which reduced fouling, rust, pitting and corrosion.

1933 - EARLY ACQUISITIONS - Important acquisitions included the Chamberlain Trap & Target Company, Parker Bros. shotguns and the Peters Ammunition Company.

1940 - AMMUNITION FOR WWII - With war already being waged in Europe and the Far East, the U.S. Army War Department ordered Remington to expand its ammunition production in Bridgeport, including the formation of several GOCO (Government Owned Company Operated) ammunition plants in Denver, Colorado, Lake City, Missouri, and Lowell, Massachusetts. During World War II, Remington facilities produced more than half the small arms ammunition used by the Allies.

1941 - WWII WAR EFFORT - Besides ammunition, Remington manufactured hundreds of thousands of military rifles during World War II, and millions of weapons parts for other gun makers. Remington sold off its cutlery business to Pal in order to devote more production resources for the Allied war effort.

1950 - MODEL 870 INTRODUCED - Remington came out with one of the finest pump-action shotguns ever designed — the Model 870 “Wingmaster” shotgun, which has become the largest selling shotgun in history with well over 10 million sold, to date.

1959 - NYLON 66 AUTO .22 Remington introduced the innovative Nylon 66 auto .22 rifle.

1962 - THE LEGENDARY MODEL 700 AND 7MM REMINGTON MAGNUM INTRODUCED - Remington introduced the Model 700 bolt-action rifle chambered in the new 7mm Remington Magnum cartridge together. History has shown these to be to of the most popular hunting choices of all time.

1963 - MODEL 1100 INTRODUCED - The company introduced the Remington Model 1100 auto shotgun.

1970 - LONOKE AMMUNITION PLANT - A thoroughly modern ammunition plant was constructed in Lonoke, Arkansas. Over the next 25 years rimfire, centerfire and shotshell production lines were moved out of Bridgeport.

1982 - BULLET KNIFE RE-INTRODUCED - Remington re-introduced its popular “Bullet Knife” series of pocket knives, and a new pattern has been offered every year since, along with many other knife patterns.

1999 - REMINGTON ULTRA MAGNUMS (RUM) - The 300 RUM is released with one of the largest case capacities ever, delivering some of the greatest velocities and energies ever seen for a 30 caliber bullet. The following year the 338 RUM and 375 RUM are released. A couple years later the 7mm RUM is released. All are based on the same revolutionary case.

2001 - REMINGTON SHORT ACTION ULTRA MAGNUMS (RSAUM) - The 300 RSAUM is released, designed to fit into standard short action rifles. The 7mm RSAUM the following year.

2009 - REMINGTON HYPERSONIC STEEL - Remington revolutionizes the waterfowl world with the fastest steel shot velocity ever at 1700 fps. This is made possible by the new Xelerator Wad technology, which delivers a slower powder burn to create the increased velocity and holds the patterns tighter downrange. The increased velocity allows the waterfowler to shorten the lead by 8 inches at 40 yards placing more of the pellets in the head and neck delivering more bagged birds.

2013 - REMINGTON HYPERSONIC RIFLE BONDED - Remington combines the tough Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded bullet with a proprietary blend of propellants that deliver a 200 fps. increase in velocity over standard loads for excellent penetration through hide, meat, and bone with unrivaled devastation.

2016 - 200 YEARS IN REMINGTON COUNTRY - Remington celebrates its 200th Anniversary in the gun business as “America’s Oldest Gunmaker.” The company is quite possibly the oldest manufacturer in America to still be making its original product.

2020 - REMINGTON JOINS VISTA OUTDOOR - The Remington brand and ammunition facility is acquired by Vista Outdoor, creating a renewed focus on ammunition and starting a new chapter in Remington’s iconic history.

2021 - PREMIER TSS - New ultra-dense Tungsten Super Shot payloads deliver increased lethal range, denser patterns, massive new levels of knockdown power and, of course, more big ol’ Toms to the ground. The shot size is smaller than lead with increased velocity and energy, so you can put more pellets downrange with greater force, and put more of them in the head and neck. Every load is tuned for the tightest, most consistent patterns possible. And the most deadly turkey season of your life.

 

©2021 Remington Ammunition. All Rights Reserved

SIG-Sauer 02.jpg

SIG Sauer

www.sigsauer.com

 

      In 1853, Friedrich Peyer im Hof, Heinrich Moser, and Conrad Neher began what they thought would become a successful wagon factory above the Rhine Falls in Switzerland.

Little did they know then, that their company would become one of the world’s most renowned manufacturers of small arms. Just seven years after constructing an industrial plant for building the most sophisticated wagons and railway cars, the three ambitious owners undertook a more serious venture.

      In part to a challenge from Switzerland’s Federal Ministry of Defense, the Swiss Wagon Factory entered the competition to develop a state-of-the-art rifle with the hopes the Swiss Army would adopt it.

In 1864, the award went to the Swiss Wagon Factory for its Prelaz-Burnand rifle.

      At this point, the Swiss Wagon Factory, with an order for 30,000 muzzleloading Prelaz-Burnand rifles in hand, changed the name of the company to the Swiss Industrial Company – Schweizerische Industrie-Gesellschaft, known worldwide as SIG.

      Fast-forward to the 20th century. In 1949, the SIG P49, the forerunner of the SIG P210, was developed for the Swiss Army and destined to become a legend on the battlefield as well as the competition field. That same year, the P220 made its appearance as the new pistol for the army, soon followed by the compact P230 for the Swiss police. These pistols offered new features and levels of reliability never before seen in the industry.

      By the 1970s, SIG’s small arms division was expanding to include Hämmerli Target Arms from Lenzburg, Switzerland, and J.P. Sauer & Sohn, GmbH, of Eckernförde, West Germany, known worldwide for their hunting rifles. In the 1980s, SIG set its sights on the United States of America. The American market was a vital part of SIG’s business plan to continue to expand its market share and become an international leader in the small arms industry.

January of 1985 marked the birth date of SIGARMS®, Inc.

      SIGARMS, then located in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia, imported the P220® and the P230. SIGARMS moved to a larger location in Herndon, Virginia in 1987 and introduced the P225 in 9mm followed by the P226® and P228 in 9mm. Looking to increase market share and begin manufacturing, SIGARMS moved to its present location in Exeter, New Hampshire, in 1990.

      In 1992, SIG began production of the P229® in .40 S&W. Besides importing the SIG Sauer line of pistols, SIGARMS offered customer service from highly qualified gunsmiths in the reputable service department and state-of-the-art training at a separate training facility on 128 acres in Epping, New Hampshire. SIGARMS continued to expand its firearm lines with the Sauer rifle line and the Hämmerli line of target pistols and rifles.

In 1996, the SIGARMS Training Academy moved to its current location in Epping, New Hampshire.

1998 — SIGARMS brought in the first shotgun line designed specifically for SIGARMS by B. Rizzini of Italy. The next year, the revolutionary Blaser R93 rifle line from Isny, Germany, was distributed nationwide through SIGARMS.

      In 2001, SIGARMS, Inc. continued to expand its role in the firearms market with new contracts in the law enforcement market as well as new products for the civilian market. The SIGARMS Training Academy has added many new courses at its Epping location for both civilian and law enforcement personnel. Besides a new apparel line and efforts to reach a broader market, SIGARMS continues to educate people in the safety and use of firearms, while offering to the public the highest quality products and services found in the firearms industry.

 

On October 1, 2007, SIGARMS changed its name to SIG SAUER®.

The change reflected the vast worldwide growth in demand for SIG SAUER products. In response, the company more than tripled its workforce in the next 30 months, invested 18 million US dollars in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and equipment, and significantly expanded its engineering base. The name change, coupled with major new product introductions in pistols and rifles, reflects the continued commitment to the high standards of production, service, and innovation the SIG SAUER brand has always represented.

      In January of 2014, SIG SAUER completed its move into the company’s new corporate headquarter and production facility in Newington, NH.

In 2015 SIG expanded to include suppressors, optics, ammo, and airguns.

      These new business units help us to provide our dedicated customer base with a greater range of firearm and firearm safety equipment and accessories.

      This move provided the firearms manufacturer with significantly increased manufacturing capacity.

    The recently remodeled 206,000-square-foot facility houses the SIG SAUER manufacturing facility and corp-orate staff offices and is just about 20 minutes from the company’s Exeter NH manufacturing facility and the Epping, NH training academy. At the heart of this new headquarters is the state-of-the-art manufacturing floor, featuring a significantly expanded machining production center, quality control (QC) testing facilities, and an indoor, multi-position test-fire range, which includes a 100-meter precision rifle range.

 

Today, SIG SAUER is an ISO 9001 certified company with over 1,200 employees.

      It is the largest member of a worldwide business group of firearms manufacturers that includes J.P. Sauer & Sohn and Blaser, Gmbh. in Germany.

      This global network of companies gives SIG SAUER a world-class firearms knowledge base, unparalleled design expertise, and extensive manufacturing capacity, enabling the company to respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions and the needs of its military, law enforcement, and commercial markets worldwide.

© SIG SAUER 2021. All Rights Reserved.